Location: Hybrid: On-site and Remote
Hours: Full time
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services provides 24/7 life-saving phone, chat, text and in-person crisis response to individuals from all walks of life throughout Iowa. In addition to our life-saving work, we also provide training, consultation and advocacy on suicide prevention and crisis intervention throughout the communities we serve.
Overview of the role
The Crisis Center Coordinator is a leadership position supporting phone operations within our crisis center, including The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and Your Life Iowa Crisis Line. This position is responsible for working with a team of leadership staff to support and direct the day-to-day operations of our crisis center, including quality assurance, direct supervision, program development, customer management, relationship development and collaborating with a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency team to meet contractual and programmatic goals.
Who you are:
- Role model and leader. You are a mentor and compassionate leader who is excited about supporting staff and colleagues. You have experience managing projects and leading people.
- 24/7 crisis services require flexible leadership and a willingness to step into complex problems outside of traditional working hours. You understand that people are complicated, and solutions will often require a team approach.
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Curious and Passionate. Crisis intervention and suicide prevention is an ever-changing field. You are excited to grow and are rarely satisfied with status quo.
- You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will be challenged to manage competing priorities.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and are proud to represent your programs and staff to a wide array of stakeholders. You are great at giving and getting respectful and productive feedback.
What you’ll do:
- Support operations of our crisis center programming, which includes recruitment and supervising of staff, managing external relationships, working with clients, quality assurance and ensuring contractual and accreditation compliance.
- Represent Foundation 2 throughout the communities we serve.
- Collaborate closely with program leadership to ensure quality continuity of care for clients and effective service delivery
- Analyze program data and adapt programs as needed to improve the client experience.
- Ensure data collection and reports are completed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Train and on-board staff on new systems and platforms to ensure a consistent experience across the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service-related field required
- Experience in crisis intervention preferred
- One year supervisory experience
- The annual base salary range for this position is $40,000 – $45,000, plus our generous benefit package of $12,000 per year. Funds not used for benefits will be added to your paycheck as taxable income.
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days
- Flex-spending benefits package
- Go to sleep at night knowing the work you did mattered. Foundation 2 staff save lives every day
- Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.