Reports to: Access Center Program Coordinator
Location: Linn County Mental Health Access Center
Hours: Full-time, 5 days per week, 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM. Will include one Saturday and/or Sunday weekly.
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
Meet with clients at the Linn County Mental Health Access Center to provide support and crisis counseling. Complete required assessments with clients. Provide service coordination and assist in making referrals for services at the Linn County Mental Health Access Center. Complete necessary documentation to ensure proper record keeping. Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team at the Linn County Mental Health Access Center.
Will be serving 2nd shift, 3 PM – 11 PM when 24/7 implementation rolls out. Training hours will be 5 days per week 2 PM – 10 PM.
- This position starts at $17-$19 per hour, plus our generous benefit package of $12,000 per year. Flexible benefit dollars can be used toward medical insurance and other benefits. Funds not used for benefits will be added to your paycheck as taxable income. Learn more here.
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days. Full time employees begin at four weeks paid time off per year.
- Quarterly wellness benefit reimbursements to support a sense of wellbeing.
- Two weeks of paid parental leave following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Optional pet insurance to cover emergency expenses.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
Who you are
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Compassionate. You have compassion for clients and a willingness to understand and exercise trauma-informed care practices.
- Quick Thinking. You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will be challenged to manage competing priorities.
- Flexible. You understand people are complicated and solutions with often require a team approach.
- Team player. You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and are proud to represent your program.
What you’ll do
- Meet with clients at the Linn County Mental Health Access Center to provide support and crisis counseling.
- Complete required assessments with clients.
- Provide service coordination and assist in making referrals for services at the Linn County Mental Health Access Center.
- Complete necessary documentation to ensure proper record keeping.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team at the Linn County Mental Health Access Center.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in human service and one (1) or more year’s relevant experience.
- Or bachelor’s degree in related field with 30 hours of human service coursework.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
- High comfort with computers with ability to type quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Live in Iowa.
- Live within 50 miles of Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Submit copy of college degree or transcript as required by licensure for personnel file.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Education or training in trauma-informed care preferred.
- Experience in strengths-based practices preferred.
- Experience in conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate emotional support to people in crisis preferred.
- Background in motivational interviewing preferred.
- Knowledge/experience working in the mental health, substance use, and/or problem gambling field preferred.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letter accepted until position filled.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Foundation 2 Crisis Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.