Reports to: Crisis Center Program Coordinator
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA (hybrid on-site and remote)
Hours: Full time
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
The Counseling Supervisor is responsible for supervising and evaluating our crisis center staff, providing coaching and feedback to staff, training new crisis counselors, and answering the crisis/suicide hotlines at the crisis center. This role is hybrid with shifts worked at the Crisis Center location in Cedar Rapids and from home.
Our crisis center counselors answer more than 65,500 phone, chat, and text contacts per year. You can learn more about the Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ Crisis Center and see what clients can expect when they reach out to Foundation 2 Crisis Services on our YouTube channel.
This role will work second shift, 3 – 11 pm, five days in a row, including one weekend day. Exact days are flexible and will be discussed during interviews. Some meeting attendance will be required outside of normal shift hours. Shifts include: Sun-Th, Sat-Wed, and Th-Mon.
- This position starts at $20 per hour, plus our generous benefit package of $12,000 per year. Flexible benefit dollars can be used toward medical insurance and other benefits. Funds not used for benefits will be added to your paycheck as taxable income. Learn more here.
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days. Full time employees begin at four weeks paid time off per year.
- Quarterly wellness benefit reimbursements to support a sense of wellbeing.
- Two weeks of paid parental leave following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Optional pet insurance to cover emergency expenses.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 Crisis Services staff save lives every day.
Who you are
- Role model and leader. You are a mentor and compassionate leader who is excited about supporting staff and colleagues. You have experience managing people and projects and can motivate a diverse team.
- 24/7 crisis services require flexible leadership and a willingness to step into complex problems outside of traditional working hours. You understand that people are complicated, and solutions will often require a team approach.
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Curious and passionate. Crisis intervention and suicide prevention is an ever-changing field. You are excited to grow and are rarely satisfied with status quo.
- Quick Thinking. You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will be challenged to manage competing priorities.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and are proud to represent your programs and staff to a wide array of stakeholders. You are great at giving and getting respectful, productive feedback.
What you’ll do
- Supervise a team of crisis counselors during second shift to ensure quality of crisis services.
- Provide regular evaluations, feedback, and coaching to crisis center staff to promote growth and quality of services. Coordinate internal and external trainings to provide continuing education for crisis center staff.
- Train incoming crisis counselors, including supportive counseling skills, job responsibilities and crisis center technology.
- Represent Foundation 2 Crisis Services in the communities we serve.
- Collaborate closely with crisis center leadership to ensure quality continuity of care for clients and effective service delivery.
- Ensure data collection and reports are completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with two (2) years relevant experience OR master’s degree in human service-related field.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Comfort using computer software including Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Electronic Health Records, etc.
- Live within 50 miles of Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Reliable, high-speed internet at home (Minimum 15 Mbps download speed / 5 Mbps download speed; write internet connection required) OR the ability to work all shifts from the Cedar Rapids office.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Crisis intervention experience with adults preferred.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letters accepted until position filled.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Foundation 2 Crisis Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.