Effective 8/1/21, this position has a NEW BASE PAY INCREASE. See more information below.
Foundation 2 is a rapidly growing agency that needs people who care. This position offers new opportunities to engage with a variety of people, ages, and backgrounds, providing a great environment to utilize your counseling skills and continue to grow as a counselor.
Full-time employees accrue over four weeks’ vacation in the first year!
Crisis counselors connect over telephone, chat, and text with people of all ages experiencing crisis. Current availabilities include:
- 1st shift (8 a.m.-4 p.m.) Tuesday – Saturday
- 2nd shift (3-11 p.m.) 5 days in a row including one Saturday or Sunday
- 3rd shift (11 p.m.-8 a.m.) 4 days in a row each week
Candidate must live in Iowa and be available for one full day of training in our Cedar Rapids, IA office. Other training to be conducted remotely.
Position starts at $15.00/hour to $21.25/hour based on benefit dollar allocation. Staff work remotely after training is completed, with most of training also being conducted remotely. Occasional paid overtime opportunities also available. If you feel called to support people during tough times, we encourage you to apply!
- Bachelor’s degree in human service or related field with 30 hours of human service coursework OR
- Bachelor’s degree in any field plus one year of relevant experience
- Comfort using basic computer software
- Reliable, high-speed internet at home OR ability to work all shifts from Cedar Rapids office
- Must pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2
- Candidates must live in Iowa
- Experience in crisis services
- Two or more years related experience
- Knowledge and experience working in the mental health, substance use, and/or problem gambling field
- Background utilizing motivational interviewing
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes and cover letters accepted until position is filled.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.