Are you passionate about impacting the lives of at-risk youth? Do you want a position that allows you to make a difference?
Description: Employment opportunity available at Foundation 2 Youth Shelter, a 17 bed facility that provides a safe environment for young people in crisis ages 11-17. We offer an environment which embraces Positive Youth Development and practices trauma informed care. The best candidates are flexible, team-oriented, have strong organizational skills, and have a desire to build positive relationships with coworkers and clients. Hours are: Wednesday 1:00pm-11:30pm, Thursday and Friday 1:30pm-11:30pm, and alternate Saturdays 7:30am-5:00pm or 2:00pm to 11:30pm.
Duties Include: Interactive supervision of youth clients, healthy socio-emotional role modeling and rapport building with youth clients, ensuring shift tasks and documentation are completed, and working with other team members in a professional manner. This position pays $12-$18.25 based on how you choose to allocate benefit dollars. There are 2 pay periods per year (out of 26) where you receive no benefit dollars and your salary would be the base rate of $12/hour. Overtime is calculated on the base rate only. Generous PTO package provides 4 weeks of paid leave in the first year.
- Education and Experience: BA/BS degree (related field preferred) and 1 year of human service experience, or AA degree (related field preferred) and 2 years human service experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency insurance policy.
- Pass all criminal and child abuse background checks. Some computer experience required.
- Submit a copy of college degree or transcript as required by licensure for personnel file.
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Complete a physical exam prior to the beginning of employment and every 3 years thereafter, and be free of communicable diseases as determined by a physician.
Desired Qualifications: Experience working with and compassion for at-risk youth, education or training in trauma informed care, strengths based practices, conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques.
Visit our website at www.foundation2.org, under About, Job Openings to submit your resume and cover letter.
Resumes and cover letters accepted until position is filled.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.