The Law Enforcement Liaison is an extension of the Foundation 2 Mobile Crisis Outreach team. This unique crisis counselor position will be embedded within the Delaware Sheriff’s Department to provide crisis intervention to individuals at the request of the Department.
This position will work to stabilize individuals in crisis using de-escalation, crisis counseling, and suicide risk assessment. Post-crisis, the LE Liaison will provide follow-up and coordination of care services to individuals served. This position will require both work in the field with officers (including going on patrols), as well as at the Delaware Sheriff’s Department.
Who you are:
You can work with individuals in crisis and with Law Enforcement Officers. You understand that you will be looked to for guidance in mental health crisis situations.
- Flexible. 24/7 crisis services require flexibility, willing to step into complex problems outside of traditional working hours. You understand that people are complicated, and solutions will often require a team approach.
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You understand that it is a great honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Curious and Passionate. Crisis intervention and suicide prevention is an ever-changing field. You are excited to grow and rarely satisfied with status quo.
- Organized. You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will regularly juggle multiple priorities at once/
- Team Player: You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and you are excited to learn and grow from other on your team.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with Law Enforcement Officers throughout Delaware County and the Foundation 2 Mobile Crisis Team to ensure effective service delivery to clients.
- Provide on-site crisis intervention services (intervention, referral, follow-up) to individuals in a mental health or behavioral health crisis at the request of the Delaware Sheriff’s Department or Foundation 2.
- Act as a liaison between the Delaware Sheriff’s Department and Foundation 2 in regard to crisis services delivery, data collection, and coordination of care.
- Provide training and community outreach as requested.
- Operate agency vehicle to transport clients as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days
- Flex-spending benefits package
- Go to sleep at night knowing the work you did mattered. Foundation 2 staff save lives every day.
About Foundation 2
Foundation 2 Crisis Services provides 24/7 life-saving phone, chat, text and in-person crisis response services to individuals from all walks of life throughout Iowa. In addition to our life-saving work, we also provide training, consultation and advocacy on suicide prevention and crisis intervention throughout the communities we serve.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.