Reports to: LEL Program Manager
Location: Dubuque County Sheriff’s Office
Hours: Monday – Friday, 11 AM – 7 PM
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
Provide on-site crisis intervention services (intervention, referral, follow-up) to individuals in a mental health or behavioral health crisis at the request of the Dubuque County Sheriff. Act as a liaison between the Dubuque County Sheriff’s Office and Foundation 2 in regard to crisis services delivery, data collection, and coordination of care. Complete required paperwork and maintain client files in accordance with program rules and policies. Remain in contact with the individual and the treatment providers by phone and/or in person to monitor participation in recommended services. Collaborate with other service providers involved with the individual, to coordinate care. Provide education and outreach to the local community and Department regarding mental health.
The work schedule is generally Monday – Friday, 11 AM – 7 PM. There is a chance for overtime in the event of major incidents or at the request of the Department or F2.
- The annual base salary range for this position is $21-$23 per hour, plus our generous benefit package of $12,000 per year. Flexible benefit dollars can be used toward medical insurance and other benefits. Funds not used for benefits will be added to your paycheck as taxable income. To learn more about the Foundation 2 benefit package visit: https://bit.ly/F2Benefits
- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days.
- Quarterly wellness benefit reimbursements to support a sense of wellbeing.
- Two weeks of paid parental leave following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Optional pet insurance to cover emergency expenses.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 staff save lives every day.
Who you are:
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Flexible. You understand people are complicated and solutions with often require a team approach.
- Organized. You possess strong organizational skills and can oversee daily responsibilities.
- Quick Thinking. You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will be challenged to manage competing priorities.
- Role model and leader. You are a mentor and compassionate leader who is excited about supporting staff and colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Provide on-site crisis intervention services (intervention, referral, follow-up) to individuals in a mental health or behavioral health crisis at the request of the Dubuque County Sheriff’s Office.
- Act as a liaison between the Dubuque County Sheriff’s Office and Foundation 2 regarding crisis services delivery, data collection and coordination of care.
- Complete required paperwork and maintain client files in accordance with program rules and policies.
- Remain in contact with the individual and the treatment providers by phone and/or in person to monitor participation in recommended services. Collaborate with other service providers involved with the individual to coordinate care.
- Provide education and outreach to the local community and Department regarding mental health.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service-related field required. And two (2) or more years relevant experience.
- Or bachelor’s degree in related field with two years relevant experience.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency auto insurance policy.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Submit copy of college degree or transcript as required by licensure for personnel file.
- Live in Iowa.
- Attend all required trainings within 120 days of hire (40 hours, including two (2) consecutive eight (8) hour days).
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Education or training in trauma-informed care preferred.
- Experience in conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate emotional support to people in crisis preferred.
- Background in motivational interviewing preferred.
- Knowledge/experience working in the mental health, substance use, and/or problem gambling field preferred.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letter accepted until position filled.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.