Reports to: Law Enforcement Liaison Program Manager
Location: Dubuque County Sheriff’s office
Hours: Full time
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
The Law Enforcement Liaison assigned to Dubuque County Sheriff works collaboratively with both the Dubuque County Sheriff’s Department as well as Foundation 2 staff to ensure effective service delivery to clients. This position provides on-site crisis intervention services (intervention, referral, follow-up) to individuals in a mental health or behavioral health crisis at the request of the Sheriff’s office. The Liaison acts as a liaison between the Dubuque County Sheriff’s Department and Foundation 2 in regards to crisis services delivery, data collection, and coordination of care. They assist individuals with scheduling appointments and/or assessments or re-connecting with prior service providers. The Law Enforcement Liaison will make contact with clients during a crisis intervention, and provide follow-up services after the initial contact to ensure effective coordination of care.
- The annual base salary range for this position is $18-$20 per hour, plus our generous benefit package of $12,000 per year. Flexible benefit dollars can be used toward medical insurance and other benefits. Funds not used for benefits will be added to your paycheck as taxable income. To learn more about the Foundation 2 benefit package visit: https://bit.ly/F2Benefits
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days.
- Quarterly wellness benefit reimbursements to support a sense of wellbeing.
- Two weeks of paid parental leave following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Optional pet insurance to cover emergency expenses.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 staff save lives every day.
Who you are:
- Role model and leader. You are a mentor and compassionate leader who is excited about supporting staff and colleagues. You have experience managing people and projects and can motivate a diverse team.
- 24/7 crisis services require flexible leadership and a willingness to step into complex problems outside of traditional working hours. You understand that people are complicated and solutions will often require a team approach.
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Curious and passionate. Crisis intervention and suicide prevention is an ever-changing field. You are excited to grow and are rarely satisfied with status quo.
- Quick Thinking. You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will be challenged to manage competing priorities.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and are proud to represent your programs and staff to a wide array of stakeholders. You are great at giving and getting respectful, productive feedback.
What you’ll do
- Co-respond with deputies to law enforcement calls within the jurisdiction of the Dubuque County Sheriff to assist with individuals experiencing mental health or behavioral health crises.
- Work as a partner to law enforcement and assist with community trainings, education, outreach, as well as provide support to deputies as needed.
- Work under a dual supervision model made up of the Law Enforcement Liaison Program Manager with Foundation 2 and the on-site supervisory law enforcement representative.
- Offer compassionate, objective, client centered counseling to individuals.
- Assist individuals and families with connection to local resources and community providers.
- Advocate for clients in navigating various social systems.
- Foster and promote positive relationships with community partners.
- Complete required documentation, and maintain client files in accordance with program policies in a timely manner.
- Conduct and track quality assurance data for program evaluation.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service-related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time related experience in the mental health field. One year of experience can be waived in place of a Master’s degree in a related field.
- Crisis Intervention and/or counseling experience preferred.
- Ability to pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 and the Dubuque County Sheriff’s Department.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by Foundation 2’s automobile insurance.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letter accepted until position filled.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.