Reports to: Law Enforcement Liaison Program Manager
Location: Marion Police Department
Hours: Full time
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
This position provides on-site crisis intervention services (intervention, referral, follow-up) to individuals in a mental health or behavioral health crisis. This role liaises between Marion Police Department and Foundation 2 with in regards to crisis services delivery, data collection, and coordination of care. They assist individuals with scheduling appointments and/or assessments or re-connecting with prior service providers. This position is full-time, Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM daily, with the potential for overtime in specific and approved circumstances.
- The annual base salary range for this position is $19-$22 per hour, plus our generous benefit package of $12,000 per year. Flexible benefit dollars can be used toward medical insurance and other benefits. Funds not used for benefits will be added to your paycheck as taxable income. To learn more about the Foundation 2 benefit package visit: https://bit.ly/F2Benefits
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days.
- Quarterly wellness benefit reimbursements to support a sense of wellbeing.
- Two weeks of paid parental leave following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Optional pet insurance to cover emergency expenses.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 staff save lives every day.
Who you are:
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Compassionate. You have compassion for clients and a willingness to understand and exercise trauma-informed care practices.
- Flexible. You understand people are complicated and solutions with often require a team approach.
- Quick Thinking. You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will be challenged to manage competing priorities.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and are proud to represent your programs and staff to a wide array of stakeholders. You are great at giving and getting respectful, productive feedback.
What you’ll do
- This position provides on-site crisis intervention services (intervention, referral, follow-up) to individuals in a mental health or behavioral health crisis.
- This role liaises between Marion Police Department and Foundation 2 with in regards to crisis services delivery, data collection, and coordination of care.
- They assist individuals with scheduling appointments and/or assessments or re-connecting with prior service providers.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service-related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time related experience in the mental health field. One year of experience can be waived in place of a Master’s degree in a related field.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
- High comfort with computers with ability to type quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency auto insurance policy.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Submit copy of college degree or transcript as required by licensure for personnel file.
- Live in Iowa.
- Attend all MCO trainings within 120 days of hire (40 hours, including two (2) consecutive eight (8) hour days).
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in crisis services preferred.
- Education or training in trauma-informed care preferred.
- Experience in conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate emotional support to people in crisis preferred.
- Knowledge/experience working in the mental health, substance use, and/or problem gambling field preferred.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letter accepted until position filled.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.