Reports to: MCO Program Coordinator & Program Manager
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, hybrid
Hours: Monday – Friday 4pm – 12am; Occasional Weekends
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
Respond to dispatches within 60 minutes of service calls individuals and families throughout Linn, Jones, Benton, Bremer, Buchanan, and Delaware Counties. Complete required documentation, and maintain client files in accordance with program policies and timelines. Foster and maintain strong relationships with community partners through collaborative opportunities, and community outreach. Offer compassionate, objective, client centered counseling and assist individuals and families with connection to local resources and community providers. Participate in regularly scheduled conferences, and team meetings.
Standard Work Hours are Monday – Friday 4pm – 12am. 1 weekend per month required.
- The annual base salary range for this position is $18-$21 per hour, plus our generous benefit package of $12,000 per year. Flexible benefit dollars can be used toward medical insurance and other benefits. Funds not used for benefits will be added to your paycheck as taxable income. To learn more about the Foundation 2 benefit package visit: https://bit.ly/F2Benefits
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days.
- Quarterly wellness benefit reimbursements to support a sense of wellbeing.
- Two weeks of paid parental leave following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Optional pet insurance to cover emergency expenses.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 staff save lives every day.
Who you are:
- Flexible. You understand people are complicated and solutions with often require a team approach.
- Organized. You possess strong organizational skills and can oversee daily responsibilities.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and are proud to represent your programs.
- Compassionate. You have compassion for clients and a willingness to understand and exercise trauma-informed care practices.
- Role model and leader. You are a mentor and compassionate leader who is excited about supporting staff and colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Respond to dispatches within 60 minutes of service calls individuals and families throughout Linn, Jones, Benton, Bremer, Buchanan, and Delaware Counties.
- Complete required documentation, and maintain client files in accordance with program policies and timelines.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with community partners through collaborative opportunities, and community outreach.
- Offer compassionate, objective, client centered counseling and assist individuals and families with connection to local resources and community providers.
- Participate in regularly scheduled conferences, and team meetings.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service-related field required and one (1) or more year’s relevant experience.
- High comfort with computers with ability to type quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency auto insurance policy.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Live within 50 miles of Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Experience in crisis services preferred.
- Education or training in trauma-informed care preferred.
- Experience in strengths-based practices preferred.
- Knowledge/experience working in the mental health, substance use, and/or problem gambling field preferred.
- The ideal candidate possesses strong leadership skills, project management experience, and fosters a positive work culture within a trauma informed setting.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letter accepted until position filled.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.