Position: CSCBS Mental Health Professional
Program: Crisis Stabilization Community Based Services
Location: Hybrid Hours: On Call
Foundation 2 Crisis Services provides 24/7 life-saving phone, chat, text and in-person crisis response services to individuals from all walks of life throughout Iowa. In addition to our life-saving work, we also provide training, consultation and advocacy on suicide prevention and crisis intervention throughout the communities we serve.
CSCBS is a voluntary, short-term, in-home service for people of all ages experiencing a mental health or behavioral health crisis. We are a team of professionals who work with individuals to establish a stabilization plan, coordinate services, and identify supports in an effort to achieve stability and prevent intensive levels of care.
This position is on call with very flexible hours; we are looking for someone who is able to dedicate at least 8 hours per week to meet the program needs.
- Conduct and document bio/psych/social on CSCBS intake clients.
- Coordinate care with CSCBS Program Coordinator, including developing client goals and treatment priorities
- Complete all required program paperwork following client interactions
- Be accessible to conduct assessments during all scheduled shifts by phone
- Conduct and document daily check in with assigned clients
- Function as an effective team member and represent the agency in a professional manner.
- Must be an Independently Licensed Mental Health Professionals in the State of Iowa (LISW, LMFT, LMHC, PsyD)
- Have a valid email account & working cell phone
- Pass criminal records/child abuse checks completed by Foundation 2
- Submit a copy of college degree and licensure for employment file
- Valid driver’s license; insurability with Foundation 2 auto insurance carrier, and be able to obtain a chauffeur’s license within 6 months of employment
- Ability to read, write and analyze material written in English. Typical items are counseling notations, reports, articles and putting observations into writing.
- Ability to converse fluently in English face to face with clients experiencing severe emotional stress.
- Ability to operate a computer and use basic word processing software and email.
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone, copier and fax machine.
- Ability to use basic math skills to add, subtract, divide, multiply and figure percentages.
- Flexible Hours
- $85/per assessment
- $1/per minute for follow up sessions
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.