Reports to: Chief Clinical & Training Officer
Location: Hybrid (onsite and remote)
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
The Mental Health Professional is part of the Crisis Stabilization Community Based Services program, a voluntary, short-term, in-home service for people of all ages experiencing a mental health or behavioral health crisis. You will be part of a team of professionals who work with individuals to establish a stabilization plan, coordinate services, and identify supports in an effort to achieve stability and prevent intensive levels of care.
This position responds to calls from Bremer, Buchanan, Delaware, Dubuque, Benton, Jones, Iowa and Johnson counties.
This position is on-call with very flexible hours; we are looking for someone who is able to dedicate at least eight (8) hours per week to meet the program needs.
- This position pays $85 per assessment and $1 per minute for follow-up sessions.
- Flexible hours to promote a positive work-life balance.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 Crisis Services staff save lives every day.
Who you are
- Client-centered.You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- You understand or have the desire to understand trauma-informed care and can support people in crisis with compassion, understanding, and openness.
- Quick Thinking. You recognize that providing crisis support can be a varied and rapidly changing situation and have the skillset to adapt to new situations.
- A Skilled Communicator. Your words matter to individuals in crisis. You are a strong communicator and can convey important information clearly and compassionately.
What you’ll do
- Conduct and document bio/psych/social on CSCBS intake clients.
- Coordinate care with CSCBS team, including developing client goals and treatment priorities.
- Complete all required program paperwork following client interactions.
- Be accessible to conduct assessments during all scheduled shifts by phone.
- Conduct and document daily check in with assigned clients.
- Function as an effective team member and represent the agency in a professional manner.
What you need
- Must be an Independently Licensed Mental Health Professionals in the State of Iowa (LISW, LMFT, LMHC, PsyD).
- Have a valid email account and working cell phone.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Submit a copy of college degree and licensure for employment file.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency auto insurance policy.
- Able to obtain a chauffeur’s license within six (6) months of employment.
- Ability to read, write and analyze material written in English. Typical items are counseling notations, reports, articles and putting observations into writing.
- Ability to converse fluently in English face-to-face with clients experiencing severe emotional stress.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone, copier and fax machine.
- Ability to use basic math skills to add, subtract, divide, multiply and figure percentages.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letter accepted until position filled.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Foundation 2 Crisis Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.