Are you passionate about having a direct impact on the lives of adults and kids experiencing a crisis? Join our MCO team!
A part-time employment opportunity is available with Foundation 2’s Mobile Crisis Outreach program, providing on-site suicide risk assessment and crisis intervention 24/7/365 to clients of all ages in Bremer, Buchanan, and Delaware counties. MCO is currently hiring counselors who can consistently sign up for at least 3-4 on-call shifts of 6 hours each per week and help cover weekends and some holidays.
Opportunities are available for all shifts with an emphasis on weekend, school-day, evening and overnight hours. Counselors earn $2.50 per hour when on-call, $31.84 per hour when dispatched for a crisis or completing documentation ($37.14 per hour on holidays), and $11.39 per hour when attending meetings and trainings.
- Must reside in a community that allows you to respond to crisis calls in Bremer, Buchanan and Delaware counties within 60 minutes.
- Willingness to provide paid backup coverage throughout the entire 6-county service area (including Linn, Benton, and Jones counties) with mileage reimbursement.
- BA/BS degree in human services or a related field and a minimum of 2 years of human services experience OR a Master’s Degree in human services/counseling and one year of related experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, be insurable by Foundation 2’s automobile insurance company, and pass all background checks.
- Must attend all MCO trainings, including two consecutive 8 hour days and one half-day training.
Examples of an Employee:
- Matthew is a retired probation officer who signs up for MCO on-call hours Sundays and multiple weekdays, responding to mental health crisis situations at schools and juvenile detention centers.
- Amber is a full-time therapist at a local agency and earns extra money moonlighting for MCO evenings and weekends alongside other mental health professionals going into homes, community sites, and hospitals.
- David recently finished his MSW degree and was looking for a place to gain more experience in human services when he discovered MCO. He now takes a handful of on-call shifts each week and appreciates the ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Molly liked the flexibility of MCO when she rejoined the workforce after her youngest started school, and is thrilled to have the opportunity to utilize her extensive experience in the mental health field. She works on-call weekdays from 9am-4pm and from 12pm-midnight on Saturdays.
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Resumes accepted until position filled.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.