Reports to: Shelter Program Coordinator
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
Supervise overnight youth specialists: including training and evaluating. Ensure client files are audit ready as per checklist and as they pertain to shelter services, specifically discharge summaries and opening and closing of files. Ensure implementation/development of shelter program goals; includes role modeling, punctuality, monitoring medication management procedures. Assist in implementation of shelter operational policies, procedures, and programming; includes passing medication, bed checks, cleanliness of shelter. All other assigned duties.
The schedule is 11:00pm-9:00am, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Overnights and some weekends required. Monthly on-call rotation.
- Salary starting at $17/hour.
- Sign-on bonus of $1,000
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 Crisis Services staff save lives every day.
Who you are
- Client centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis.
- Compassionate. You have compassion for clients and a willingness to understand and exercise trauma-informed care practices.
- Flexible. You understand people are complicated and solutions with often require a team approach.
- Organized. You possess strong organizational skills and can oversee daily responsibilities.
- Role model and leader. You are a mentor and compassionate leader who is excited about supporting staff and colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Supervise overnight youth specialists: including training and evaluating.
- Ensure client files are audit ready as per checklist and as they pertain to shelter services, specifically discharge summaries and opening and closing of files.
- Ensure implementation/development of shelter program goals; includes role modeling, punctuality, monitoring medication management procedures.
- Assist in implementation of shelter operational policies, procedures, and programming; includes passing medication, bed checks, cleanliness of shelter.
- All other assigned duties.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field. And one (1) or more years relevant experience.
- Associates degree in human services plus 5 years’ experience working with youth in at risk situations.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency auto insurance policy.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Live within 50 miles of Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Complete a physical exam prior to the beginning of employment and every three (3) years thereafter.
- Be free of communicable diseases as determined by a physician.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Education or training in trauma-informed care preferred.
- Experience in conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques preferred.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letters accepted until position filled.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Foundation 2 Crisis Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.