Effective 8/1/21, this position has a NEW BASE PAY INCREASE. See more information below.
This position offers new opportunities to engage with a variety of people, ages, and backgrounds. It’s a great environment to utilize your counseling skills and continue to grow as a counselor.
Crisis counselors connect over telephone, chat, and text with people of all ages experiencing crisis. Shifts of 8 a.m.-3 p.m., 4-10 p.m., and 11 p.m-8 a.m. are available throughout the week. Position starts at $15.00/hour. Candidate must live in Iowa and be available for one full day of training in our Cedar Rapids, IA office. Other training to be conducted remotely. If you feel called to support people during tough times, you are encouraged to apply!
- Bachelor’s degree in human service or related field with 30 hours of human service coursework OR
- Bachelor’s degree in any field plus one year of relevant experience
- Comfort using basic computer software
- Reliable, high-speed internet at home OR ability to work all shifts from Cedar Rapids office
- Must pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2
- Candidate must live in Iowa
- Experience in crisis services
- Two or more years related experience
- Knowledge and experience working in the mental health, substance use, and/or problem gambling field
- Background utilizing motivational interviewing
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes, applications, and cover letter accepted until position filled.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.