Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Hours: Monday – Friday | 8 am – 4 pm; also serves on-call for program emergencies, as needed
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
As the Program Manager of the Crisis Center, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of the 24/7/365 crisis center which answers 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline, Your Life Iowa and the Foundation 2 Crisis lines. This position offers opportunities to engage with a wide variety of employees, stakeholders and clients. This position is responsible for the implementation of programming, ensuring a client-centered approach. The Program Manager is responsible for staff recruitment and hiring, training and onboarding, supervision, quality assurance and overseeing multiple contracts.
Additionally, this position represents analyzes program data, reports and metrics, adapting service delivery as appropriate to improve the client experience.
The qualified candidate will possess strong leadership skills, project management experience and the ability to create a positive culture and trauma-informed environment.
This full-time position will primarily work a traditional, first shift schedule, Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4 pm. This role also serves as one of the on-call people for the program emergencies, as needed.
- The annual base salary range for this position is $56,000-$65,000 per year, plus our generous benefit package of $12,000 per year. Salary offered will be based on candidate experience and qualifications. Flexible benefit dollars can be used toward medical insurance and other benefits. Funds not used for benefits will be added to your paycheck as taxable income. To learn more about the Foundation 2 benefit package visit: https://bit.ly/F2Benefits
- $2,000 sign-on bonus
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days.
- Quarterly wellness benefit reimbursements to support a sense of wellbeing.
- Two weeks of paid parental leave following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Optional pet insurance to cover emergency expenses.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 staff save lives every day.
Who you are:
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis.
- Curious and passionate. You are excited to grow and rarely satisfied with the status quo.
- Organized. You possess strong organizational skills and can oversee daily responsibilities.
- Positive. You recognize the power of a positive attitude and have the desire to build positive relationships with coworkers and clients.
- Quick thinking. You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will be challenged to manage competing priorities.
- Role model and leader. You are a mentor and compassionate leader who is excited about supporting staff and colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the 24/7/365 Foundation 2 Crisis Center, including supervision of staff, recruitment and hiring, working with clients, quality assurance, and ensuring contractual and accreditation compliance.
- Train and onboard new staff in program policies, procedures, systems and platforms to ensure a consistent experience across the team.
- Represent Foundation 2 Crisis Services in the communities we serve; conduct outreach and presentations as needed to mental health professionals, stakeholders, etc.
- Analyze program data and adapt service delivery as appropriate to improve the client experience.
- Participate in regularly scheduled conference calls, stakeholder meetings, staff meetings, etc.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service-related field required and 2 or more years relevant experience.
- High comfort with computers with ability to type quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency auto insurance policy.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Submit copy of college degree or transcript as required by licensure for personnel file.
- Live in Iowa
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Master’s Degree preferred, plus 5+ years of human services experience
- Experience in crisis services preferred.
- Background in motivational interviewing preferred.
- Knowledge/experience working in the mental health, substance use, and/or problem gambling field preferred.
- Supervisory experience of 2+ years preferred. This position is eligible for the $12,000 a la carte benefit package, for a total compensation package of $68,000 – $77,000 per year. For more information on the Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ benefit package visit: https://foundation2.org/careers/
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letter accepted until position filled.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.