Effective 8/1/21, this position has a NEW BASE PAY INCREASE. See more information below.
Are you passionate about impacting the lives of at-risk youth? Do you want a position that allows you to make a difference?
Description: Foundation 2 is seeking compassionate staff at the Foundation 2 Youth Shelter, a 17-bed facility that provides a safe environment for young people in crisis ages 11-17.
We offer an environment that embraces positive youth development and practices trauma-informed care. The best candidates are flexible, team-oriented, have strong organizational skills, and have a desire to build positive relationships with coworkers and clients. The schedule is Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Wednesday 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., and Friday from 7:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. The pay for this position is $15.00/hour.
- Interactive supervision of youth clients
- Serve as positive role model
- Safely transporting youth to/from program activities and community resources while monitoring behaviors
- Ensuring shift tasks and documentation are completed in a timely manner, including intake paperwork, daily case notes, visual checks, etc.
- Follow medication management guidelines
- Work with other team members in a professional manner
- Ensure shelter vehicles are routinely maintained and keep accurate record of maintenance and repairs
- Assist with building maintenance log, repair approvals, and coordinating with vendors to complete repairs
- Education and Experience: 21 years of age and possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. An AA degree and 1-year human service experience or BA/BS degree preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency insurance policy
- Pass all criminal and child abuse background checks. Some computer experience required
- Submit a copy of college degree or transcript as required by licensure for personnel file
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods
- Complete a physical exam prior to the beginning of employment and every 3 years thereafter and be free of communicable diseases as determined by a physician
- Education & Experience: BA/BS degree (related field preferred) and 1 year of human service experience, or AA degree (related field preferred) and 2 years human services experience
- Experience working with and compassion for at-risk youth, education or training in trauma informed care, strengths-based practices, conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques.
Visit our website at www.foundation2.org, under Careers to submit your resume and cover letter.
Resumes and cover letters accepted until position is filled. Apply now for immediate consideration!
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.