Location: Hybrid (On-site in Delaware County and from home)
Hours: Full time days with occasional nights and weekends
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services provides 24/7 life-saving phone, chat, text, and in-person crisis response services to individuals from all walks of life throughout Iowa. In addition to our life-saving work, we also provide training, consultation, and advocacy on suicide prevention and crisis intervention throughout the communities we serve.
Overview of the role
This position provides services under Foundation 2’s Mobile Crisis Outreach Program. This case manager will go on crisis calls in their assigned area and will connect individuals with necessary supports and services following a crisis visit. This position will also be responsible for outreach to the rural communities in our service area with a specific focus on Bremer County, Buchanan County, and Delaware County.
Who you are:
- 24/7 crisis services require flexibility and a willingness to step into complex problems outside of traditional working hours. You understand that people are complicated, and solutions will often require a team approach.
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Curious and Passionate. Crisis intervention and suicide prevention is an ever-changing field. You are excited to grow and are rarely satisfied with status quo.
- You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will regularly juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and are proud to represent your programs to a wide array of stakeholders. You are great at giving and getting respectful and productive feedback.
What you’ll do:
- Provide case management services for individuals according to program policies.
- Develop relationships with rural stakeholders, provide community outreach regrading Mobile Crisis services, and assist with facilitating trainings to rural partners as requested.
- Assist individuals and families with scheduling appointments or re-connecting with prior service providers.
- Complete required paperwork and maintain client files in accordance with program rules and policies.
- Go out on crisis calls will Mobile Crisis Counselors when needed.
- Conduct follow-up calls and collect data for program evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service-related field required;
- 1-3 years of experience in a human services position preferred
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days
- Flex-spending benefits package
- Go to sleep at night knowing the work you did mattered. Foundation 2 staff save lives every day
- Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Application Instructions: Please send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org