Reports to: Fostering Futures Program Manager
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Hours: Full time, in-person
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, violence prevention, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
Provide case management and mentoring for Fostering Futures Violence Prevention young people or future clients according to program policies. To learn and develop the competencies of the Group Violence Intervention model to apply the principles to working with young people, families, law enforcement, system services, and other community partners. Focus on trauma informed, strength and solution based practices while empowering the clientele we work with. Performs required documentation duties and maintain client files with detail and organization including data collection and reports on client progress based on program descriptions. Facilitate life skills building lessons.
The Fostering Futures Violence Prevention Community Outreach Worker will typically work Monday-Friday 9-5 pm. There may be times where meetings and client interactions are early morning, evening, or weekend time frames. We offer a flexible scheduling within the bounds of meeting the needs of the clients, staff, and/or program.
- The annual salary is between $38,000-40,000.00, plus our generous benefit package of $12,000 per year. Flexible benefit dollars can be used toward medical insurance and other benefits. Funds not used for benefits will be added to your paycheck as taxable income. To learn more about the Foundation 2 benefit package visit: https://bit.ly/F2Benefits
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days.
- Quarterly wellness benefit reimbursements to support a sense of wellbeing.
- Two weeks of paid parental leave following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Optional pet insurance to cover emergency expenses.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 staff save lives every day.
Who you are:
- You understand people are complicated and solutions with often require a team approach.
- You have compassion for clients and a willingness to understand and exercise trauma-informed care practices.
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals at the highest-risk of group violence and/or victimization. You know it is an honor to be trusted and to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Quick thinking. You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will be challenged to manage competing priorities.
- Role model and leader. You are a mentor and compassionate leader who is excited about supporting staff and colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Provide case management and mentoring for Fostering Futures Violence Prevention young people or future clients according to program policies.
- To learn and develop the competencies of the Group Violence Intervention model to apply the principles to working with young people, families, law enforcement, system services, and other community partners.
- Focus on trauma informed, strength and solution based practices while empowering the clientele we work with.
- Performs required documentation duties and maintain client files with detail and organization including data collection and reports on client progress based on program descriptions.
- Facilitate life skills building lessons.
What you need
- Minimum of 2 years full-time experience in the delivery of human services, work with at-risk youth, or graduation from an accredited college, institute or university, with an AA or bachelor’s degree from an accredited program.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency auto insurance policy.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Live within 50 miles of Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods. Plus 2 years of human service experience.
- Experience working with and compassion for at-risk youth preferred.
- Experience in strengths-based practices preferred. Experience in conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate emotional support to people in crisis preferred.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes and cover letters accepted until position filled.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.