Are you passionate about impacting the lives of at-risk youth? Do you want a position that allows you to make a difference? We are seeking a full-time Case Manager to provide a trauma-informed, supportive environment for youth ages 11-17 and their families at the Foundation 2 Youth Shelter. Our Shelter provides child welfare emergency services for young people in crisis, including court-ordered clients and in-home diversion services.
Overview: In this position, you provide for the safety and welfare of youth served. This is accomplished through actively learning about each client, building positive relationships, identifying and encouraging strengths and valuing the unique nature of each youth we serve. The Case Manager will help youth and their family improve home dynamics and stabilize current living situation(s), while being mindful of the history and challenges faced by each client.
- Complete intake/admissions process for shelter residents
- Creation of service plan which is client-specific and includes identified needs, planned services, frequency, etc.
- Provide in-home diversion services to help families safety plan and resolve conflicts to avoid an out of home placement
- Provide supportive counseling for the client and families
- Facilitate group meetings and activities, both on campus and off, including outings
- Provide case management services as defined in the service plans; facilitate referrals and services based on needs of the client
- Foster appropriate adult/child relationships
- Attend trainings as required by the position
- Participate in on-call rotation approximately 5 days/month to support shelter staff for crisis intervention, assessments and admissions
The Case Manager may also assist youth with housing placement support, mental health care, health care, education, job/career procurement, and other unmet service needs.
The Case Manager position salary pays $17/hour plus our generous benefit dollar package of $12,000 annually to put towards an a la carte benefit package. That is a total compensation package of approximately $22.75/hour. Any funds not used for benefits will be added to your paycheck. This position will accrue 21 days of PTO in the first year. Utilize the Foundation 2 Compensation Calculator to determine earnings with your needed/selected benefit package.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in human service field and 2 years of experience of working in human services or social work
- Knowledgeable of and ability to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
- Effective and creative work in an inter-departmental and inter-disciplinary setting
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective verbal, written and computer skills
- The applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by Foundation 2 and pass all applicable background checks.
- Education or training in a trauma-informed environment
- Experience with practicing from a strengths-based perspective
- Experience and/or training in de-escalation and crisis management.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our organization: Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ mission is “to be a trusted support when life gets tough. All people. Any time. Every time.” We’ve been in existence for 50 years providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention. Our services include a 24-hour crisis hotline, crisis chat and text, family counseling, support groups, mobile crisis outreach, an emergency youth shelter, and independent living support for youth. Learn more at www.foundation2.org.
Visit our website at www.foundation2.org, under About, Job Openings to submit your resume and cover letter.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.