Reports to: 2nd Shift Supervisor
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
Ensure that paperwork is complete including the following: intakes/discharges, DO’s, Referral Sheets, individual sessions, etc. Ensure that youth are being cared for in a Trauma Informed environment, using positive youth development. Ensure implementation of shelter goals; includes role modeling, appropriate boundaries, ability to manage a group, assist with behavior management, etc. Assist in development and implementation of shelter operational policies, procedures and programming; supervision of youth, providing transport. Attendance and punctuality, appropriateness at meetings and around team members; using good judgment and problem solving skills, etc.
The schedule is primarily second shift, 1:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. Nights and weekends required. Occasional overtime may be available.
- Salary starting at $15/hour.
- $1,000 sign-on bonus.
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 Crisis Services staff save lives every day.
Who you are
- Flexible. 24/7 crisis services require flexibility and quick-thinking skills to solve challenges as they arise. You understand that people are complicated, and solutions will often require a team approach.
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Roll model and leader. You are a mentor and compassionate leader who is excited about supporting staff and colleagues.
- Team player. You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and are proud to represent your program.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that paperwork is complete including the following: intakes/discharges, DO’s, Referral Sheets, individual sessions, etc.
- Ensure that youth are being cared for in a Trauma Informed environment, using positive youth development.
- Ensure implementation of shelter goals; includes role modeling, appropriate boundaries, ability to manage a group, assist with behavior management, etc.
- Assist in development and implementation of shelter operational policies, procedures and programming; supervision of youth, providing transport.
- Attendance and punctuality, appropriateness at meetings and around team members; using good judgment and problem solving skills, etc.
What you need
- High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) or more years of experience working in human services.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with and compassion for at-risk youth preferred.
- Education or training in trauma-informed care preferred.
- Experience in conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques preferred. Ability to clearly communicate emotional support to people in crisis preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency insurance policy.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Submit a copy of college degree or transcript as required by licensure for personnel file.
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Complete physical exam prior to the beginning of employment and every 3 years thereafter; be free of communicable diseases as determined by a physician.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
- Live within 50 miles of Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be free of communicable diseases as determined by a physician.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letters accepted until position filled.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Foundation 2 Crisis Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.