Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people at-risk?
Foundation 2 is a rapidly growing agency that is seeking a full-time Community Outreach Worker. This position offers new opportunities to engage with children and young adults who are at high-risk to engage in unsafe behaviors.
As our Community Outreach Worker you will maintain and implement programming consistent with a client-centered agency philosophy. The Community Outreach Worker provides services to Linn County residents at risk of group violence through field-based case management, resource identification and referrals.
This position pays $38,000 – $40,000 per year with a generous paid time off package, as well as $12,000 per year benefit allocation (you can receive up to $500 per pay period as income if you don’t need our benefits/insurance, or put that money toward the cost of insurance, 401k, or other benefits).
- Field-based case management for 15 – 20 young adults at risk of group violence
- Completion of needs assessments and referrals to community supports and therapy as appropriate
- Mentoring of clients in the Violence Prevention program
- Networking and maintaining strong relationships with community providers
- Attendance at collaborative and client meetings
- Data collection and documentation in Foundation 2 and community software systems
- Experience working with individuals and families
- Candidates must also possess a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a child abuse background check
- Must possess the social capital and real-world experience that sets the stage for credibility and trust from program participants
- The ideal candidate will come from the same communities and similar demographic as the program participants. The aim is to foster connections that help program participants become empowered.
- Experience with crisis response.
- Strong skills in data collection, demonstrating outcomes, and reporting to funders
- Experience with programming and implementation of new services.
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter and resume are required.
No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call.
Resumes, applications and cover letter accepted until position filled.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. Past criminal background activity won’t automatically disqualify a candidate from this opportunity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.