Reports to: Shelter Supervisor
Location: Foundation 2 Youth Shelter
Hours: Sunday – Wednesday 1:30-11:30pm
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
Assist with daily schedules for clients and transportation from school and appointments. Complete daily documentation for clients. Responsible for passing medication (Medication Manager training is available for candidates). Assisting with phone coverage and answering in a timely and professional manner. Building rapport with clients and offering ways to de-escalate when clients are escalated.
- Salary starting at $15/hour.
- $1,000 sign-on bonus.
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 Crisis Services staff save lives every day.
Who you are
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Roll model and leader. You are a mentor and compassionate leader who is excited about supporting staff and colleagues.
- Team player. You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and are proud to represent your program.
- Compassionate. You have compassion for clients and a willingness to understand and exercise trauma-informed care practices.
What you’ll do
- Assist with daily schedules for clients and transportation from school and appointments.
- Complete daily documentation for clients.
- Responsible for passing medication (Medication Manager training is available for candidates).
- Assisting with phone coverage and answering in a timely and professional manner.
- Building rapport with clients and offering ways to de-escalate when clients are escalated.
What you need
- High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) or more years of experience working in human services.
- Associate degree with 1 year of experience in human services.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1 year of experience in human services.
- Experience working with and compassion for at-risk youth preferred.
- Education or training in trauma-informed care preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency insurance policy.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Submit a copy of college degree or transcript as required by licensure for personnel file.
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Complete physical exam prior to the beginning of employment and every 3 years thereafter; be free of communicable diseases as determined by a physician.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
- Live within 50 miles of Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Live in Iowa.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be free of communicable diseases as determined by a physician.
- Knowledge/experience working in the mental health, substance use, and/or problem gambling field preferred.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letters accepted until position filled.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Foundation 2 Crisis Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.