Reports to: Shelter Program Coordinator
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Hours: Part-time (minimum 10 hours per week)
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
We offer a learning environment for students in college that teaches and embraces positive youth development and practices trauma-informed care. As an intern, you will experience interactive supervision with youth clients, shadow staff as they complete daily tasks, and complete special projects as assigned.
This unpaid internship has flexible scheduling and a minimum of 10 hours per week; shifts may be worked in the evenings or weekends. Internships are a minimum commitment of three (3) months with the ability to extend as mutually agreed upon.
Who you are
- Client-centered.You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Positive. You recognize the power of a positive attitude and have the desire to build positive relationships with coworkers and clients.
- Compassionate. Working with at-risk youth requires compassion and a willingness to understand and exercise trauma-informed care practices.
What you’ll do
- Interactive supervision of youth clients with the support of the team
- Serve as positive role model
- Ride with staff as they transport youth to/from program activities and community resources while monitoring behaviors
- Support staff with shift tasks and documentation including intake paperwork, daily case notes, visual checks, etc.
- Complete special projects as assigned, such as file maintenance, procedure updates, etc.
- Work with other team members in a professional manner
What you need
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent. An associate degree and one (1) year human service experience or an in-progress bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency auto insurance policy.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
- Submit a copy of educational requirements as required by licensure for personnel file.
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Complete a physical exam prior to the beginning of internship.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letters accepted until position filled.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Foundation 2 Crisis Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.