Note: Applications are always accepted for this position.
Are you passionate about impacting the lives of at-risk youth? Do you want an intern position that allows you to make a difference and learn entry-level human service skills?
Description: Foundation 2 is seeking interns at our Foundation 2 Youth Shelter, a 17-bed facility that provides a safe environment for young people in crisis ages 11-17.
We offer a learning environment for students in college that teaches and embraces positive youth development and practices trauma-informed care. Intern applicants should be flexible, team-oriented, have strong organizational skills, and have a desire to build positive relationships with coworkers and clients.
Hours: This unpaid intern position has flexible scheduling and requires a minimum of 10 hours per week; shifts may be worked in the evenings or weekends. Internships are a minimum commitment of three (3) months with the ability to extend as agreed upon by the intern and Foundation 2 the Foundation 2 leadership team. It is a great opportunity to make an impact on at-risk youth.
- Interactive supervision of youth clients with the support of the team
- Serve as positive role model
- Riding with staff as they transport youth to/from program activities and community resources while monitoring behaviors
- Supporting staff with shift tasks and documentation including intake paperwork, daily case notes, visual checks, etc.
- Special projects as assigned, such as file maintenance, procedure updates, etc.
- Work with other team members in a professional manner
- Education and Experience: 21 years of age and possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. An AA degree and 1-year human service experience or working towards a BA/BS degree preferred
- Pass all criminal and child abuse background checks. Some computer experience required
- Submit a copy of educational requirements as required by licensure for personnel file
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods
- Complete a physical exam prior to the beginning of employment
Visit our website at www.foundation2.org to learn more. To apply for this internship, submit a resume and cover letter to Jenni Roman, Program Coordinator at email@example.com
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.