Location: Hybrid (On-site and from home)
Hours: Full time day hours
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS! Effective 11/1/21
Foundation 2 Crisis Services provides 24/7 life-saving phone, chat, text and in-person crisis response services to individuals from all walks of life throughout Iowa. In addition to our life-saving work, we also provide training, consultation, and advocacy on suicide prevention and crisis intervention throughout the communities we serve.
Overview of the role
Full time School Liaison for Foundation 2’s School-Based Crisis Service Program needed. This position provides crisis counseling to youth and families, works as a member of interdisciplinary teams within the schools, provides referral and follow up services post crisis, and provides training and consultation to school staff on best practices for supporting youth crisis. To be considered for this position applicants must be able to respond to crisis calls in Linn, Jones, and Benton counties within 60 minutes.
Who you are:
- Flexible: 24/7 crisis services require flexibility and a willingness to step into complex problems outside of traditional working hours. You understand that people are complicated, and solutions will often require a team approach.
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Curious and Passionate. Crisis intervention and suicide prevention is an ever-changing field. You are excited to grow and are rarely satisfied with status quo.
- Organized: You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will regularly juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and are proud to represent your programs to a wide array of stakeholders. You are great at giving and getting respectful and productive feedback.
What you’ll do:
- Provide case management services and short term care coordination for youth and families.
- Assist families with scheduling assessment or re-connecting with prior service providers post crisis intervention.
- Complete required paperwork and maintain client files in accordance with program rules and policies.
- Go on crisis calls and provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Conduct follow-up calls and collect data for program evaluation.
- Operate agency vehicle to transport clients as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service-related field required, with a minimum of two years’ experience in the behavioral health field.
- Crisis services experience preferred
- Ability to pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by Foundation 2’s automobile insurance.
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days
- Flex-spending benefits package
- Go to sleep at night knowing the work you did mattered. Foundation 2 staff save lives every day
- Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Application Instructions: Please send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org