The Foundation 2 Youth Shelter is a 24/7, 365 day a year emergency shelter for youth experiencing a personal or family crisis which makes it necessary to temporarily live away from home. The shelter is open to youth between the ages of 11-17.
Referrals are accepted from parents/guardians, law enforcement officials, social workers, and other human service professionals. Contact the Foundation 2 Youth Shelter at 319-366-8797.
Currently, this 17-bed facility is the only one available in Linn County. We offer temporary shelter and support services to both system youth and youth who are not in the judicial system—a safe alternative to the dangers of living on the streets. The shelter includes sleeping rooms, full kitchen, recreation and TV space, outdoor spaces, music room, and more. We strive to make the atmosphere feel welcoming and home-like.
Shelter and family counseling services are designed to:
- Restore appropriate parent-child roles
- Clarify strengths, values, and needs
- Aid in listening and understanding
- Explore solutions to troubling issues and build skills in order to prevent or resolve future conflicts
- Focus on preventing runaway behavior, suicide attempts, child abuse, family breakup, school failure, or the placement of a runaway or homeless youth