$250 SIGN-ON BONUS PLUS THE POTENTIAL FOR UP TO $200/MONTH IN SHIFT BONUS MONEY!
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
Youth Specialists are responsible for the daily operations at the Foundation 2 Crisis Services emergency youth shelter, a 17-bed facility that provides a safe environment for young people in crisis ages 11-17. Your responsibilities include coordinating and supervising residents in the facility, preparing meals, transportation, enrichment opportunities, bedtime, and other elements of daily life. We offer an environment that embraces positive youth development and practices trauma-informed care.
This is a back-up role that requires four (4) shifts per month. Shifts are available primarily during second shift on the weekdays and all weekend hours.
CURRENT SHIFT BONUS (Foundation 2 has the right to change or adjust as needs dictate):
5 shifts per month = $100
7 shifts per month = $150
10 shifts per month = $200
- This position pay is $15/hour.
- $250 sign-on bonus.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 Crisis Services staff save lives every day.
Who you are
- 24/7 crisis services require flexibility and quick-thinking skills to solve challenges as they arise. You understand that people are complicated, and solutions will often require a team approach.
- You possess strong organizational skills and can oversee daily activities for the safety and wellness of youth.
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- You recognize the power of a positive attitude and have the desire to build positive relationships with coworkers and clients.
- Working with at-risk youth requires compassion and a willingness to understand and exercise trauma-informed care practices.
What you’ll do
- Provide interactive supervision of youth clients at the shelter.
- Serve as a positive role model.
- Safely transport youth to/from program activities and community resources while monitoring behaviors.
- Demonstrate health socio-emotional role modeling for clients.
- Build rapport with clients to cultivate an environment of trust and support.
- Ensure shift tasks and documentation are completed.
- Work with other team members in a professional manner.
What you need
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- An associate degree and one (1) year of human service experience; bachelor’s degree preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) or more years of experience working in human services.
- Experience working with at-risk youth preferred.
- Education or training in trauma-informed care, strengths-based practices, conflict resolution, and de-escalation techniques preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency insurance policy.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Submit a copy of college degree or transcript as required by licensure for personnel file.
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Complete physical exam prior to the beginning of employment and every 3 years thereafter; be free of communicable diseases as determined by a physician.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
We’re excited to hear from you! All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letter accepted until position filled.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Foundation 2 Crisis Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.