Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Hours: Varies – Typically evenings and weekends
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
Duties include ensuring shift tasks are completed, specifically providing routine, structure and life skills training for all clients. Ensure that paperwork is complete including the following: intakes/discharges, daily observations, individual sessions as well as various administrative duties. Ensure clients receive care that is client centered and trauma informed. Ensure implementation/development of shelter program goals includes role modeling and appropriate boundaries; ability to manage a group and enforce behavior management system; relate well with clients; attendance and punctuality; appropriateness at meetings and around team members; using good judgment and problem-solving skills, etc. Ensure orderliness/cleanliness of the shelter.
Hours vary. Typical shifts last between 4-6 hours. Shifts are available through a full 24/7 period. Minimum 3 shifts per month. Required monthly staff meetings on the last Wednesday of each month from 5:30-7:00p
- Salary starting at $15/hour.
- Generous paid time off, including floating mental wellness days.
- Retirement plans with Foundation 2 Crisis Services’ matching contributions.
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 Crisis Services staff save lives every day.
Who you are
- Organized. You possess strong organizational skills and can oversee daily responsibilities.
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis. You know it is an honor to be trusted to support people at their most vulnerable.
- Roll model and leader. You are a mentor and compassionate leader who is excited about supporting staff and colleagues.
- Compassionate. Working with at-risk youth requires compassion and a willingness to understand and exercise trauma-informed care practices.
What you’ll do
- Interactive supervision of youth clients.
- Serve as positive role model.
- Safely transport youth to/from program activities and community resources while monitoring behaviors.
- Ensuring shift tasks and documentation are completed in a timely manner, including intake paperwork, daily case notes, visual checks, etc.
- Follow medication management guidelines.
- Work with other team members in a professional manner.
- Ensure shelter vehicles are routinely maintained and keep accurate record of maintenance and repairs.
- Assist with building maintenance log, repair approvals, and coordinating with vendors to complete repairs.
What you need
- High school diploma.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency auto insurance policy.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Live within 50 miles of Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with and compassion for at-risk youth preferred.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letters accepted until position filled.
Because Foundation 2 Crisis Services cares deeply about our employees, clients, and the communities we serve, our agency requires team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired team members must submit proof of the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical or religious exemption to begin work at Foundation 2 Crisis Services. Proof of vaccine or completed exemption paperwork will be required on the first day of work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Foundation 2 Crisis Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.