Reports to: Eastern Region Program Coordinator
Location: Davenport (hybrid on-site and remote)
Hours: 6A-12P, 12P-6P Part-time
About Foundation 2 Crisis Services
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that provides critical crisis intervention and prevention services across Iowa. We operate a 24/7 crisis center, including phone, text, and chat services. We also operate an emergency youth shelter, mental health support groups, community-based crisis programs, training, and more. We have been saving lives for over 50 years. Join our team today!
Overview of the role
This role provides in-person crisis intervention services to individuals and families of all ages throughout Cedar, Clinton, Jackson, Muscatine and Scott counties. Counselors are required to complete required documentation and maintain client files in accordance with program policies and timelines. MCO counselors offer compassionate, objective, client centered counseling and assist individuals and families with connection to local resources and community providers. Counselors are expected to participate in regularly scheduled conferences, trainings, and team meetings.
Applicants must be willing to consistently sign up for a minimum of two 6 hour shifts in a week. Shifts are available during days, evenings, overnights and on the weekends.
- Counselors earn:
- $2.50/hour on-call rate
- $31.84/hour ($37.14/hour on holidays) per hour when dispatched for an in-person crisis counseling and completing paperwork
- $15/ hour when attending meetings and trainings
- Go to sleep at night knowing that work you did matters. Foundation 2 staff save lives every day.
Who you are:
- Compassionate. You have compassion for clients and a willingness to understand and exercise trauma-informed care practices.
- Client-centered. You are dedicated and passionate about working with individuals in crisis.
- Flexible. You understand people are complicated and solutions with often require a team approach.
- Positive. You recognize the power of a positive attitude and have the desire to build positive relationships with coworkers and clients.
- Quick Thinking. You recognize that you will often have multiple irons in the fire at once and will be challenged to manage competing priorities.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and are proud to represent your program.
What you’ll do
- Provide in-person crisis intervention services to individuals and families of all ages throughout Cedar, Clinton, Jackson, Muscatine and Scott counties.
- Offer compassionate, objective, client centered counseling to individuals.
- Assist individuals and families with connection to local resources and community providers.
- Complete required documentation deadlines.
- Complete required training within allocated time periods upon hire.
- Must reside in a community that allows you to arrive in East Davenport within 20 minutes.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field with one (1) years relevant experience OR bachelor’s degree in related field with two years relevant experience.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency auto insurance policy.
- Comfort using basic computer software.
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Pass all background checks completed by Foundation 2 Crisis Services.
- Submit copy of college degree or transcript as required by licensure for personnel file.
- Successfully complete required trainings within allocated time periods.
- Education or training in trauma-informed care preferred.
- Experience in conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate emotional support to people in crisis preferred.
- Knowledge/experience working in the mental health, substance use, and/or problem gambling field preferred.
We’re excited to hear from you! To join the Foundation 2 Crisis Services team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call. Resumes, applications, and cover letters accepted until position filled.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Foundation 2 Crisis Services, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Foundation 2 Crisis Services is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.